Shrimp with olives and green onion, baked with bread crumbs.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add flour, stirring until smooth and well blended. Stir in paprika, pepper, dry mustard and green onion. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add shrimp, olives, white wine and a little salt, to taste. Transfer to a lightly buttered shallow 1-quart baking dish; top with buttered crumbs. Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bread crumbs are browned.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- dash pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shelled and cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, tossed with 2 teaspoons melted butter