- 2 lbs. fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (may use frozen shrimp, thawed)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp. dried)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or ½ tsp. garlic powder)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2. In another large bowl, combine garlic, oil, tomato sauce and vinegar; whisk until blended. Add shrimp and stir until evenly coated. Cover bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent charring.
3. Lightly mist grill with nonstick cooking spray. Once coated, preheat to medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Discard leftover marinade.
4. Place shrimp skewers on grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until shrimp turns opaque.