Serve this grilled shrimp salad on a bed of mixed greens. Scroll down to see more shrimp recipes.
- 2 large firm mangoes, peeled & shredded
- 3-4 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons fish sauce, or use soy sauce if necessary
- 1-2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 small hot chili, such as serrano, seeded, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, (25 to 30 per pound)
- 2 cups greens
- lime slices, for garnish
Shell and devein shrimp and rinse well; divide into 4 portions.
Thread 1 portion onto a slender metal skewer. Run a second skewer through shrimp 1/2 to 1 inch from the first skewer, to keep them flat. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Grill shrimp on a medium hot grill, covered, for about 3 minutes on each side, or until opaque but still a bit moist in the center of thickest parts.
Place greens on a platter; mound mango mixture onto the greens using a slotted spoon. Place shrimp over the mango salad and garnish with lime slices, if desired.