- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, shelled and deveined, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 tablespoon slightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Bread or pita pockets (sliced)
Finely chop the shrimp, water chestnuts, and ginger, then add the soy sauce, egg, and cornstarch.
Spread the mixture on the bread or in the pitas, and place on the Franklin's sandwich side.
Cook until the bread is toasted and the shrimp mixture inside is warm.