- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- 3-3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb. medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Boil water in a medium saucepan over high heat.
Stir in rice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Immediately reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Remove from heat.
Let stand 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a heavy non-reactive saucepan over medium heat.
Sauté onion and garlic 4-5 minutes or until they begin to turn golden.
Stir in next 5 ingredients.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro and lime.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Increase heat to medium and simmer 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and just cooked throughout.
Divide stew among individual serving bowls.
Place 3/4 cup of cooked rice in center of each bowl.
Garnish with cilantro and lime.