- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh white bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon finely minced onion (cooked)
- 2 tablespoon finely minced green pepper (cooked)
- 1 cup cooked, chopped shrimp (cooled)
- 2 egg whites stiffly beaten
- Optional Ingredients!
- 1/4 cup creamed style corn (drained)
- 2 tablespoon old bay seasoning, from Maryland. Can be found in more supermarkets.
Mix with a few swift strokes.
Fold in the remaining ingredients, taste for seasonings and adjust as you like.
Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes, then deep fry by placing golfball size nuggets in 375 degree oil.
Note: You may adjust the ingredients as you like. If you don't like green peppers leave then out. If you like onions you may add them in place of the peppers. Don't increase the volume of ingredients with out proportionately increasing the other ingredients, otherwise the fritters will fall apart when frying. To make clam fritters replace the shrimp with clams.