- 2 medium eggplants, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. canned peeled tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. chives or scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp , thawed and drained
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
Scoop out eggplant meat leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell.Set shells aside.
Chop eggplant flesh.Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Stir in garlic and eggplant flesh.Cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until eggplant is soft, stirring occasionally.
Stir in tomatoes, chives and olives.Increase heat to medium high and simmer 5-7 minutes.
Remove from heat.Stir in shrimp , breadcrumbs and half the cheese.
Spoon filling into eggplant shells.Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is brown and bubbly.